because we’ve had lots of questions… and lots of complements. After we kept everyone in suspense it was nice that everyone likes the names.
We picked their first names pretty early in my pregnancy. We both liked each of them, but I suggested Ava and Pete suggested Mia. We didn’t have too much debate because we got to choose two! I was a little fearful that we wouldn’t be able to decide.
We picked Ava’s middle name, Malia, first, which was introduced to us by our new President; it's his daughter’s name. We might have chosen it as a first name, but we anticipate it will become quite popular and didn’t want one of our girls to be one of many Malias in her class. In searching for names I soon discovered Malia is a Hawaiian name. Hawaii is one of our favorite places, so we decided it would be fun to have both middle names be Hawaiian. Malia means calm & peaceful, which we hope some day Ava may live up to! I’ve found several meanings for Mia’s middle name, Alana: “fair, beautiful, an offering, precious,” which all seem very fitting.
We weren’t trying to be “cutesy” with the names or have them matching. We didn’t intend for the names to be three & five letters each, or both begin with “A” and “M” … or all end in “A” etc. etc. Simply, we just liked the names.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment