Monday, June 8, 2009

Ava & Mia

Ava is "baby A" and was born first – by a minute, so I’m sure she’ll remind her sister that she’s the oldest for the rest of their lives! She weighed about half a pound less than Mia and seems to be “built” smaller too, but she was almost an inch longer. She has fair skin, probably more like mine. A lot of people have said they think she looks like me, but Pete & I don’t really see it. Some of my friends even said “Little Pete” and “Little Alli” when they met them! We think they’re both a good mix of us. Ava’s hair is light and fuzzy, so it’ll probably be curly. I think the fuzz is just so cute. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a baby with fuzzy hair like hers. It’s much like Pete’s texture. She has a birth mark on the back of her neck and a very light one on her forehead between her eyes. I believe these are what they call “stork bites” and they will most likely fade with time. She has shown her demeanor very early – her lungs work quite well! She has three dimples, yes three, including the one on her chin! We think that came from Pete's birth father because we don't know anyone else in the family with a chin dimple. We can’t wait until she smiles at us to really see them. We do see them in her sleep occasionally. Mia is youngest and a little bigger than her sister. She’s also consistently seems to eat more so far and doesn’t mind a bottle at all. She had a full head of fine brown hair until recently. She lost the hair on the top of her head, but it’s already coming back in. She also has Pete’s beautiful olive skin. My mom thinks she looks most like me when I was little – round face, big eyes and pudgy cheeks. She’s a very easy going baby. Their eyes are blue, but I think almost all babies have blue eyes when they're born, but we think they'll probably stay blue. They both got our long toes; I'm not sure they're as long as mine but they're long!

No comments: