Friday, June 19, 2009

Six Weeks




















I’m just starting to feel like I’m getting back to normal. I’ve been surprise by how long the recovery has been for my c-section. I just didn’t really give it much thought, but, hello, it’s major surgery. I guess because its so common people (or at least I did) forget its major abdominal surgery. A few weeks ago I tried to go shopping, mostly to get out of the house, and it wasn’t even fun because I was moving slow and still not feeling as good as I thought I was.

Our smiley baby A milestone for Mia… Mia smiled for the first time today! Great Grandma Joyce and Great Aunt Bev came to visit. When she saw them she greeted them with the biggest smile, it was so sweet. I was so caught by surprise it was hard to believe it was a real one (not gas or whatever). What fun and hopefully they keep coming!

Our First Walk Our new stroller finally arrived and it happened to be a beautiful week. I was so excited to get outside with them. Pete pushed them which was probably a good thing because I was kind of pooped when I got home.

Girls Night Out for Mommy! I actually debated going out until about 4:00 that evening while we were on our walk. Pete was going to be gone next week, so I thought I should take advantage of getting out while I could. It was really fun to see everyone and talk lots about our kids – including me now! We went to Chino Latino which is always a fun place for a crowd.

No comments: