Daddy is delighted to announce the arrival of Ava Malia and Mia Alana! Delivered by Dr. Joe Capecchi via c-section on March 10, Ava arrived at at 5:56am quickly followed by Mia at 5:57am. After 28 hours of labor, Mom and Dad were tuckered out but overwhelmed with joy. Ava weighed-in at 5 lbs. 1 oz. and measured 19 inches. Mia weighed-in at 5 lbs. 8 oz. and measured 18.25 inches. Mom, babies, and Dad are doing great! We expect to return home with the babies on Saturday morning.
We greatly appreciate all the well wishing we have and continue to receive from many of you!
...................................................................................................
I didn’t get a chance to post this prior to the girls arrival…
36 Weeks
Days and counting 10 days to go! I am scheduled to be induced on Tuesday, March 17th, so if the girls don't arrive before then the 17th will most likely be their birthday! I don’t really like the idea of them having a birthday on a holiday (after all we’re not Irish!), but depending on how I progress they might not arrive until Wednesday. There’s also a chance that the hospital will be too busy for us, so we would have to wait until the following day. It seems a little odd to have this momentous event scheduled – I’ve imagined our hurried trip to the hospital, but at the same time I'm O.K. having an end date. For sometime now I’ve felt – intuition – that we were going to have to “make” them come out – they’ve just got it too good in there!
On the 17th I’ll be 37 weeks 6 days, so the girls will be full term and probably around 6 pounds. We had our last ultrasound on Wednesday and they’re still both head down. Baby A (on my left side) will be the first to arrive – she’s the lowest. She is still the smaller of the two by probably half a pound. I wonder if we’ll be able to tell when we hold them, how alike they’ll look, and if we’ll be able to even tell that Baby A is tinier. We also discovered Baby B has her feet down by their heads, so although she flipped to head down a few weeks ago she’s still folded in half. We’ll probably have to work on straightening her out when she arrives!
I still feeling pretty good, but I am back to getting tired pretty easily. Sleeping has gotten pretty uncomfortable again too. Sleeping on my sides with extra weight makes my legs fall asleep, so I’m awake every few hours, not to mention the bathroom runs! My hands, legs, and feet have become swollen, so I’ve stretched out a few pairs of shoes. This will be a good excuse next winter for new shoes! My blood pressure is still good (usually around 110/70), so they’re not really concerned about the swelling.
See you at the hospital! It’s been strange to say that to the friends and family we’ve seen lately, but exciting.
On the right side of this page are directions to the hospital (United, St. Paul) & parking instructions. We’d love to see you and introduce you to our little girls, just call to let us know you’re coming.

3 comments:
Oh my gosh do they look perfect! Congratulations to all of you! We are so happy that the girls came out so healthy and that Alli is doing well. We wish a speedy recovery to you! I can't wait to come up and visit and get to see the girls in person! We will be back in a couple weeks, from vacation, then I will call and see what works for a visit! YAAY! CONGRATS!!!!
They're absolutely beautiful, you guys!! I can't wait to hold them. Everyone will tell you this, but they DO change so quickly!! Gavin was born almost exactly 4 months after Rav's Sloane, and it was amazing to see how much older she seemed when he was born and now he is 4 months older than Ava and Mia and they look so itty bitty! It will be a pleasure to hold those tiny newborn girls!! You're already terriffic parents!
I am so very excited for both of you and hope to meet the girls soon, Pam sounds so excited she is definitely the proud grandma and the Great-grandparents couldn't say enough about how cute they were and just perfect little girls. Enjoy every little joy and moment, the time goes by so very quickly.
Post a Comment