Friday, June 19, 2009

Two Months







Mia: 8 lbs. 1 oz
Ava: 7 lbs. 1 oz.

...growing just like they should be!

We had a little more excitement this time at the doctor… Ava has been “spitting up” quite a bit, so the doctor put her on Zantac (for acid reflux or GERD). And when I say spitting up I really mean it; sometimes she’s like a fountain and it comes out her mouth and nose. Which is a little scary because she can’t breath for a few seconds and gets pretty upset, not to mention losing her dinner. The medicine seems to be helping and she’s eating much more consistently. She also seems to have a much better disposition; hopefully we’ve eliminated some of her pains. Both girls were diagnosed with innocent heart murmurs, so we were sent to a cardiologist at Children’s Hospital to make sure it wasn't anything more. And Mia had an ultrasound on her hip because the doctor felt a “hip click,” so we needed make sure her hip isn’t coming out of joint. Apparently a breech baby is at risk for this; she wasn’t born breech but she was in that position for long time during my pregnancy. Our pediatrician told us not to worry about either and she was just being cautious, but it still makes you worry a little. So our trip to Children’s had a good outcome. We are so fortunate to have healthy babies. Ooh, and how could I forget this was our first experience with shots. I was a little worried about the experience and I did shed a few sympathy tears when the first shots were given, but pulled it together so I could help hold our second baby (I can't remember who I was holding!).

Pete went back to work after having seven weeks off (wow, what a luxury!), and of course he was out of town. No easing back into that routine! I shed a few tears when he kissed the girls good-bye. I was a little freaked out taking this on without him, but it wasn’t so bad. Both my mom & Robin stopped by often, so I could get out or just take a shower. The hardest part of those weeks was being alone so much, so I appreciated the company.



This is a picture of Pete when he returned back home. He missed (all of) his girls!

........................................................

Mia (These were taken within one minute)

No comments: