3 weeks to go We knew the time would fly by, but wow the last two months are a complete blur. People ask if we’re ready… can you ever feel prepared for the most exciting, unknown “event” you’ll ever venture into? I can only say that I think we’re as ready as we’ll ever be.
My pregnancy has been so smooth so far and we’re glad the girls are happy to stay put to grow strong for their introduction. They should each be about 5 ½ pounds now. Both the doctor and my grandma, DeLoris, a nurse for many years, don’t think we’ll see the babies within the next week, so that was good news - particularly because Pete has been in Chicago this week for work. Despite the expert predictions, it’s still a little unsettling to have him away and I know he agrees.
My doctor, Dr. Stephanie Callanan, will be back from vacation this week, which I’m so thankful for; I’ve missed her. I had a traumatic appointment last week with a male doctor that still bothers me. It reinforced why I choose to see a female doctor and I would literally drive past the clinic if this other doctor was my only option for care. (Why do men get into the OB/GYN profession? It makes me wonder.) It also made me think that I actually do need to fill out one of those birth plan documents: yes to drugs; yes to a c-section, which at this point seems likely due to the shape of my pelvis, twins, etc.
Date Night Pete & I had one of our last nights out alone on Saturday for my birthday – probably one of my best gifts. I always enjoy going out to dinner just the two of us, so we have time to really talk, rather than having dinner in front of the TV! We talked about our excitement for our new family. He made one comment that really stuck with me from the evening; he said he’s looking forward to spoiling them. Isn’t that sweet?! I later told my mom his cute comment and she jokingly replied that he might have to get in line! They are going to be spoiled, there will be no doubt about that! My birthday gift from Pete was a video camera, so I’m pretty excited we’ll have it to document the start of our new family. Let me clarify, there will be no taping of the birth(s)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am so happy that the girls have stayed put for you, you are so close to the actual due date that is great. Your girls are about the size my twins were when they were born, 3 more weeks should really put them close to 7 lbs you would think. Keep us posted. I just can't wait to meet the little ones.
Aww good luck Allison! I miss you so much and I am so excited to come out and meet them this summer!
Oddly enough, I am sleeping in Jaime's spare room right now in San Francisco for the night! We were talking about how much we miss you and can't wait to see you and the girls! I know you are probably swamped and keeping busy but if you get the chance to say hi, I'd love to hear from you! Good luck in the next few weeks! I'll be thinking of you! Many XOXO's
I'm SO glad you posted - I check every few days! Happy Birthday! It was on my calendar, and I still missed it! We think of you guys every day and send a little wish for everything to be going well! I had a great male OB during part of my pregnancy, but he is a very gentle man by nature, so no trauma there. Sorry you had to deal with a crummy one! Yes to the birth plan. Even though our doctor knew what we wanted, the nurses didn't all know, so the birth plan would have been helpful. They asked for it when we were admitted and I said, "we wrote one and brought it, but I don't know where it is" so we had to quickly try to remember what it said! Thinking of you guys every day! Hope all is well.
Oh, about video taping... we set the video camera up on a tripod and pointed it toward my upper body so that it was ready to go after Gavin was born. We wanted to capture our first few moments with him. So when they handed him to me, Cliff hit record and then came and sat with me. It worked really well for us.
Yaaay! You are doing so great! I am so excited for you guys! I am so sorry I missed your birthday, but of course I always do! :( Sorry! I can't wait to hear the happy news, it won't be long now! Take care, good luck! The only advice I have for birth is not to expect things to go a certain way because, trust me, it can all change in a second! All three of my births were completely different, and NONE went exactly as I had thought it would. HA! The one thing you can expect is to FALL IN LOVE with your babies as soon as you set your eyes on them! I will be praying for you guys and sending good vibes for the delivery :)
Post a Comment