It was very reassuring to see them and find out where they’re positioned, so I can tell they’re both active & moving. I’m supposed to count 10 movements within an hour every evening, so now it will be a little easier to know which is which again. I had a nightmare this week and awoke frightened that I couldn’t feel Baby A moving. I even woke Pete at the early hour in my distraught state, so he had to calm me down and get me back into bed. He was a little disoriented and thought it was morning, as in time to get up, but it was only 1:30 a.m.! He is such a good support system.
Generous Last weekend Pete’s family (The Bloomstroms) held a shower for us. We had a beautiful day for the event – it was warm for our standards this winter: 45 degrees. The gathering was lots of fun. It was again enlightening to hear all sorts of advice & wisdom from everyone. With all the advice I think we’ll be as prepared as we possibly can be! We received lots of great baby items and we’re starting to feel more and more “prepared.”
Preparing Speaking of being prepared… The bassinettes that my mom gave us arrived and those are now set up in our bedroom. We also received car seats from Pete’s mom, so now we just need to get those in the car. I also have it on my mind to pack my hospital bag – I’m sure that activity will be another shot of reality!
No words …but overwhelming thankfulness. I’m not even sure how to share this,
so here goes… This week my Dad’s home burned down after most likely a gas leak & consequential explosions. We’re so thankful that he and his girlfriend, Janet, were not home at the time and no one else was injured. It’s hard to imagine what they’re going through and how completely devastating losing all your possessions would be. The event made the news; helicopters were flying overhead while I was talking to Janet. Of course it’s an event like this that makes you think about what’s really important. I’m sure my Dad wouldn’t want me blogging about him, but please keep him and Janet in your thoughts. (I found this image on the internet. It was a little surreal to read & see it on the web within a few hours of it happening. In front are pieces of his garage in the neighbors driveway and the fire (in the background) is his house.)
3 comments:
Oh my goodness. We will certainly keep your Dad & Family in our prayers. Thankfully they are safe. Good luck packing your hospital bag! That was a tough one!
Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry for your Dad and his wife! That is terrible. Thank God they weren't home!
On another note, I am so happy that the babies are both head down for you. It would be so nice if you could avoid the c-section! Recovery is so much faster if you can do a regular birth, or it was for me anyway! The girls are doing so great staying in there and you are doing soooo great carrying them so long! Great job Alli! I can't wait to see them! They are destined to be super adorable like you and Pete! :)
It was really fun Friday night, introducing all my friends at Redstone, Minnetonka, to my new granddaughters. Instead of shaking hands, we just patted Mama’s tummy. Everyone was very excited. Everyone also commented on how great Alli looks. So despite what you may be feeling Alli, it’s only showing as positive!
I can’t believe how fast the time has gone (for the rest of us anyway) – only a little more than a month left, if things continue as planned. Alli and Pete are - as we would all expect – moving through this wonderful adventure with grace, confidence and calm. That’s especially good since we all know what life is going to be like after the two little angels finally appear. Great fun, but time and energy will become a scarce commodity.
It’s really fascinating to consider how much our world has changed, even from conception to now. A different economy, a new President and global angst for everything from climate change to economics. As for me, I’m now big time into yoga! It’s truly good to know how well Peter and Alli have fared. I think ahead to summer and fall of this year, when, if all goes as planned, you’ll have doubled the size of your family, moved into a new house and already established some new priorities and rhythm to your lifestyle.
As always, I’m very proud of both of you. Keep up the good work, relax as much as you can (you’ve prepared well) and enjoy this time for everything it can be and mean to you. And as you know, there are many of us ready (probably more than you want!), waiting and eager to help when the angels find their way to earth.
Love and Happy Valentine’s Day to all four of you,
Padre
Post a Comment