Showered with Love - Last weekend some of my best girlfriends (l-r: Brook, Stacy, me and Steph) held a beautiful shower for me. They are apparently “professional shower givers” as Pete called them. We had some great laughs together – you know the kind of giggles that make your belly hurt. It was fun to have that time with them. We’re all so busy being parents (or soon-to-be parents!), etc. that we rarely find time to just hang out.
Everyone spoiled us with lots of very nice gifts, including their favorite baby things, and advice. It was fun to take in all the words of wisdom. I was thinking I should have been taking notes, but I know our girls will teach us in their own way too. Steph put together a special scrapbook of motherly advice from everyone and a note from Pete. I didn’t get a chance to read it until later that night. Jerry & Mari stopped by after the shower with a gift – the bad roads had kept Mari away earlier – so I read Pete’s note to them & my mom. My mom warned me that I might need a tissue – she was right. I only made it through the first sentence before I got choked up! Needless to say it was very sweet. I saved reading the rest of the notes from the girls for later – more tears and a few tissues!
Our home – Can you believe they’ve only been building for a few weeks?! On Monday (01.19.09) the roof was going up and just a few days later (Friday 01.23.09) we have windows! We officially took our townhouse off the market this week. We had a showing the day after the shower and that was enough for us. It was only going to get harder and harder to keep the place looking “show ready,” not to mention we wouldn’t really want to move (potentially into an apartment) before being able to move into the house. We’d also rather not have to sell at the bottom of the market, so we’re going to try renting.
America – The Inauguration of our new president, Barack Obama, took place this week. Whatever your political background (You all know ours because Pete has made sure of that with lots of passion!), we now have the first African American President, which is something we should all be proud of and seems to have brought energy back to our country. And his family is so cute! You can just tell he is a great Dad by his youngest daughter’s bounce in her step everywhere she goes.

2 comments:
Alli,
I am glad to hear that things are going well, I hope that you continue to feel pretty good, it does get harder to get around as you get closer to the date, 30 weeks though you are really over that hump you don't want them to come soon but you will probably be okay now if the girls did decide to make an appearance. Glad to see that your house is coming along. We will see you on the 8th.
Heahter
Wow, your house is really coming along quick! That's great! Your shower was great. I am so glad I could come and see everyone. It will only get harder for us to get together as all our families grow. Love you tons!!!! Keep up the great work growing babies:)
Love, Carri
Post a Comment