Our Girls They’re about the size of a Papaya this week (a website I reference describes the weekly baby size according to fruit), or for those not so up on their fruit sizes - about 12 inches long and approximately one pound! “Baby B” likes to kick, particularly when I’m in car on the way home from work. She’s a little off to my right side so sometimes I appear a little lopsided! I think she’ll be our soccer player and “Baby A” will be our gymnast because she likes to twist and turn a lot. I’m theorizing that I can’t feel her kick as much because her placenta is in the front and probably makes it harder for me to feel her.
Grounded Last week I was in L.A. for work – a TV commerical shoot. This will be the last time I fly most likely for a very long time. My doctor has recommended that I not travel after 24 weeks. I have to admit I was a little nervous going so far away from Pete, my doctor, hospital, etc., but of course everything was fine. The class we're taking has been informative on all the possible things that could happen (i.e. pre-term labor); it's a little scary but good to know just in case.
Throughout my trip I had men offer to help me - something that doesn't typicaly happen. They helped me with my bags and even offered their seat on the bus (which I didn't take because I wanted to stand after the long flight). Isn't it nice to know chivalry isn't dead?
Pete would have like to have come with me, but it just didn’t work out. We've been fortunate to have traveled to a lot of awesome locations together and now we’re ready to be “grounded” for a while with our soon-to-be family.
Circle of Life This week has brought both happy and sad news. Pete’s grandfather (Steve's stepfather), Stan, passed away last weekend after his health had been slowly deteriorating. Pete has been helping Stan & Lee with their finances and bills lately. It’s been rewarding to see him help them and show his love by giving them his “expertise” and time.
Our friends Cliff & Erin welcomed a baby boy, Gavin, this week. It’s fun to be going through the same life experiences with friends. We look forward to play dates with Gavin. Our girls will not be short of boyfriends – most of our friends have boys!
Giving Thanks We can’t help but think of how blessed we are at this time, along with feelings of immense anticipation for the upcoming year(s). These will be our last holidays without children and we know they will only be that much more special in the years to come.
This was definitely our busiest Thanksgiving holiday yet. We managed to fit in seeing all our families - Bloomstroms, Tubbesings, Seidls, Ricks and Skorudes. And on top of all that Pete managed to get in a night of Poker with the guys, we had a physcial for life insurance, and I even fit in a little shopping with my mom on "Black Friday" like we always do. That said, we have to admit we're a little exhausted and know we will not be able to keep up this pace next year, but the holidays are always an adventure for us!
We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment